Posted on Feb 7, 2018

Dry Island

Dry Island got its name in the 1940's when the French owner painted the words on the large rock facing the channel. At the time, a service boat used to deliver tobacco and liquor to the islands of Georgian Bay and the owner of the island assumed that if the island was always dry, the boat would always stop to deliver alcohol. The hand painted sign is still visible on the large rock.